Tuesday's Top Ten Comics: Radio Comics
This week, Comics Kingdom welcomes guest blogger and humorist, Will Roberts, who hosts the syndicated radio program, “Will Roberts Weekly Telegram,” to pick his favorite 10 radio-themed comics. Settle back and enjoy the "Wit of Will."
I can remember as a kid my first radio, it was a Bullwinkle the Moose radio. I would listen to that thing day and night! Pretty much, from then on, radio and what came out of it determined who I was to become — from the songs, to the radio plays, to the contests that made me the speed dial king I am today.
1. As a syndicated radio host, I've made the statement that “I do ‘talk with you’ radio, not the “talk at you or down to you” radio, like we hear these days. The oddest thing to me is, how they can call it “talk radio,” when all they do is SCREAM! Rest assured, we would have to cover the ears of our corn growing in the fields with some of the stuff coming out of the radio these days.
2. I love this cartoon because it reminds me of the whole government listening in on us debacle. The war against privacy we are having with the NSA − Nobody's Safe Anymore!
3. I am a firm believer if you want the news, and you want to walk away happy and not depressed, read a cartoon. Most cartoonists have a great insight to the trends and the pulse of the country they live in. As a cowboy, I will tell you, I think this style of songwriting was created and mastered by country music.
4. I could not agree more with these comic. I am not sure those sirens were created to let us know to get out of their way or to scare the life out of us and drum up more business!
5. The oddest things can jog your memories when reading daily cartoons. This cartoon reminded me of being a kid and having parents who were big into CB radios. I guess that tells you have old I am.
6. Don't laugh ... My family ate them more often than I would care to remember!
7. As a kid, I grew up in Chicago. I am sorry I didn't think of that idea!
8. Sometimes, I wonder if Hollywood reads cartoons, because sometimes you think, "Boy, this cartoon would make a great sitcom!"
9. It always amazes me when a cartoonist nails it like this strip. I'm a guy, and my wife says this to me all the time. DRATS!
10. I am a huge fan of cartoons that put our kids in place. I just wish I could get my kids off their phones long enough to read a comic!