Tuesday's Top Ten Comics on APPLES
Hello, Royal Readers!
It’s fall and here in the Northeast, the air has turned crisp. Soon it will be time for winter hats and scarves and gloves. And with winter colds and sniffles lurking around the corner, the old adage about healthy eating comes to mind: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!”
Today, we know the saying is true. Their high nutritional value makes apples an especially great snack. The antioxidants in the peel help reduce damaged cells and fight disease. Plus, apples contain no fat, sodium or cholesterol. The apple may be cooked, baked, or juiced – or eaten right off the tree. There are 7,500 varieties of apples grown throughout the world. They come in all shades of green, yellow and, of course, red.
Why all this talk about apples? Because December 1 is EAT A RED APPLE DAY! So grab a Red Delicious or a Macintosh and get ready to giggle as we share the Top Ten Comics on APPLES!
1. Beetle gives Zero a good idea.
2. Curtis takes his mother at her word.
3. Hayden shares his newfound knowledge with Dustin.
4. In the world according to Rhymes With Orange, the apple has a problem with its image.
5. Tina and Gus discover the candy apples at the food cart aren't all they're cracked up to be.
6. William Tell needed to sort out his apple varieties.
7. New scientific developments sometimes require thinking out of the box.
8.Thankfully, apples taste good, too.
9. Howard tries to discern the shelf life of the food at Hector's Market.
10. Wanda is surprised when Hammie asks for a snack.